- Filing difficultly? Easy. The settlement offers an online claim form
- Settlement amount? Moderate. The fund is just over $3 million
- What about the I can claim? Modest. About $22 per call received
- How do I know if I’m eligible? Stay tuned, we’ll get into the details
- When can I file? Now through the July 27th, 2019 deadline
A new class action settlement is now “taking flight” (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun!). The settlement alleges that the Defendant, Volaris Airlines, recorded the calls of people WITHOUT receiving permission. In order to be eligible, you must have called a Volaris toll-free number between June 21st, 2016 through June 23rd, 2017. Additionally, the settlement requires that you were in California when making the call. Finally, you also must have spoken with a representative and had your called recorded. If you believe you’re eligible go to www.volariscallrecordingsettlement.com to start a claim.
More on the Volaris Call Recording Settlement
- You should receive approximately $22.66 for each qualified call you placed
- The total amount you get per call may be more or less (the $22.66 is the best estimate)
- In addition to the claim deadline, July 27th is also the last day for exclusion requests
- The settlement should be approved on September 19th (if all goes well at the hearing!)
- If the settlement is approved your payment could show up as early as January 2020
- Administrator Mailing Address: Po Box 44 Minneapolis, MN 55440-0044
- Administrator Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to file online, you must either submit your Claimant ID or telephone number. Your Claimant ID can be found in your email or postcard notice (we hope you know what your phone number is). Please note the online claim form is available in both English and Spanish.
Harold’s Final Thoughts
- Overall this is a decent sized settlement with an easy online filing process
- It would be nice if we had more than just an “estimate” of the payments
- This should be a fairly popular settlement with a good amount of Class Members
In the event you have questions about the settlement, try peeking at the FAQs found at the online filing page or within your notice. Additionally, you may want to try calling the administrator for help at 877-418-8086.
Need another bargain? – Check out the Elnett Sweepstakes